My key takeaways?
- Success in social requires embracing more than a new set of tools. It requires a embracing a new paradigm for doing business.
- Success in social requires a champion at the top. to be driven from the top and needs to touch everyone.
- Success in social requires a strategy. Here’s Dell’s: Listen. Engage. Act. (In that order.)
- Success in social requires core values. Here are Dell’s: trust and transparency. (If you want people to believe your good comments, then you have to be willing to share the bad. Otherwise you’re just pushing ad copy.)
- Success in social requires change. You can’t “train” values, you have to inculcate them. So expect push back, because if everyone already agreed on what those values meant, you wouldn’t need to be inculcating them.
- Success in social requires a common understanding. Train everyone on policies, guidelines, tone, and train ambassadors on platform-specific best practices for engaging.
- Success in social requires commitment. It doesn’t happen by accident.
You can listen to the 30 minute show here:
Jason Seiden is CEO of Ajax Workforce Marketing. Ajax amplifies brands by aligning employees' online messaging.