Looks like next week’s GSMI Social Media Strategies Summit in Chicago is sold out, which is freaking awesome and totally not surprising, especially with a roster like this speaking!
I’m thinking of organizing some festivities for the night before… more on that in a moment…
If you’re not coming to Chicago for this event, you need to get to one of GSMI’s next summits. Events are coming in Miami, Denver, Boston, and London. Get yourself to one. I’m confirmed for the Denver event already.
Here’s what I’m looking forward to:
- The people. It’s almost guaranteed that someone at your lunch table will have an answer—and probably a good answer—to whatever social media question you have.
- The vibe. Movers and shakers emanate an energy that makes you smarter just by being in their presence. I walk into GSMI and can feel that these are people who don’t just talk, they do.
- Carissa Miklusak. She’s retooled her presentation, and I’m eager to hear her new opener. Plus, these are the only times we get to talk. (It’s a scheduling thing.)
- The sessions. Great content, well organized, every time.
- Meaghan Edelstein. Conferences are like weddings: they tend to reflect the personality of person who organizes them. Meaghan organizes these, which is why they’re fantastic, duh. Can’t wait to see your smile, Meaghan!
Want to keep tabs on the conference but can’t make it? Many of us will be on Twitter… follow me and watch for the hashtag come Wed 4/18!
Pre-event night out?
How about a meet-and-greet the night before the conference? No doubt I’ll be downtown… not sure where yet… but if you’re flying in for the conference, or live in Chicago and want to meet some of the folks flying in for the conference, drop me a note—Twitter, Facebook, email, it’s all good—and I’ll keep you posted on the plans.
Jason Seiden is CEO of Ajax Workforce Marketing. Ajax amplifies brands by aligning employees' online messaging.